- The Colours of bakesale competition ("Competition") is open to individuals aged 18 years and above.
- Participants must be legal residents of Australia.
- Employees, affiliates, partners, and immediate family members of the organising team are not eligible to participate.
- All applicants must be registered as certified baking businesses on the bakesale directory or marketplace. Listing on our platform is completely free.
2. Application Process
- Applications for the Competition will be accepted from 1 June 2023 to 31 August 2023.
- Applicants must complete the online application form available on the official competition website during the specified application period.
- Only complete and accurate applications from registered bakers on bakesale will be considered for participation.
- An entry must be submitted under one of the categories: 'Local tastes better', 'Home-baked goodness' and 'Sprinkled with love'. Guidance on the categories is avialble in the Competition manual.
- Participants can enter multiple categories but may submit only one entry per category.
- By submitting an application, participants agree to abide by the rules and regulations set forth in these terms and conditions.
3. Competition Guidelines
- Participants must create and submit photos of a unique baked good such as a cake, cookie, or other, accompanied by high-quality photographs showcasing their creations.
- The submission photographs must be original and not infringe upon any copyrights or intellectual property rights.
- Submissions must capture the spirit of our colourful brand, the 'Colours of bakesale,' using the brand's colours of lilac, peach, and teal; and evoking the values in one of the categories of 'Local tastes better', 'Homemade goodness' and 'Sprinkled with love'.
- Participants must include photographs of the front, back and close-up of a feature of their baked goods, along with a photograph of the baker.
- A short description of the baked good must accompany the submission and a category of 'Local tastes better', 'Home-baked goodness' and 'Sprinkled with love' must be chosen on submission.
4. Judging and Winners
- Submissions will be evaluated by a panel of judges for the overall competition prizes, while the public will vote on the People's Choice and category prizes.
- The judges' will determine the overall competition winners and their decisions will be final and binding.
- Overall competition winners will be selected based on creativity, presentation, adherence to the competition guidelines, and how well they evoke the spirit of bakesale.
- The winners of the People's Choice prize and the categories will be selected by the public in whatever manner they choose and tallies of votes may be displayed on the official competition website.
- bakesale commits to the fair evalution, intellectual property protection, timely communication, clear terms and professional contact.
5. Intellectual Property
- Participants retain the rights to their original creations.
- By submitting an application, participants grant the competition organisers a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, and display their submissions for promotional and marketing purposes related to the Colours of bakesale competition and bakesale platform.
6. Publicity and Media
- Participants may be required to provide additional information, interviews, photographs, or videos for promotional purposes.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to use participants' names, photographs, and submissions in any promotional materials or media coverage.
7. Liability and Indemnification
- The competition organisers are not responsible for any injuries, damages, or losses incurred during the competition.
- Participants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the competition organizers from any claims, liabilities, or expenses arising from their participation in the Competition.
8. Modifications and Termination
- The competition organisers reserve the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Competition at any time, for any reason, without prior notice.
9. Governing Law
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Australian Capital Territory.
For queries please email email@example.com
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article